Microsoft Teams has quickly become one of the most popular meeting platforms, especially after the outbreak. This platform is used for school and university classes, as well as numerous commercial meetings.
With such a large amount of data being exchanged, recording an online meeting is a good idea because it allows you to go back and catch anything you might have missed. This is something that in-person classes and meetings would not allow.
We’ll walk you through the steps to record a Microsoft Teams meeting on several devices in this article.
On a PC, how do you record a Microsoft Teams meeting?
For some users, using a PC for Microsoft Teams is more convenient because they can watch the conference on a larger screen. It’s also more convenient to type in the conversation, and you won’t have to hold or set your camera on anything. The Microsoft Teams meeting can be recorded as well.
That isn’t to mean that everyone in the room can start filming at the same time. Your IT administrator must first approve meeting recordings. It’s also worth noting that guest users are unable to record meetings. Microsoft also imposes a few extra restrictions.
Meeting organisers and members of the same organisation, in general, have control over when and how recordings are made. However, this does not rule out the idea of making recordings available to those who are unable to attend the meeting. Beginning in 2021, Microsoft began storing Teams recordings in OneDrive and SharePoint, making it easy to find and share your recordings.
In addition, once a meeting recording has started, only one member can continue the recording. Even if the person who started the recording leaves the meeting, it will resume and end when everyone has departed. Finally, if anyone remains in the room after the session has ended, the recording will end after four hours automatically
Follow these procedures to begin a recording:
- Click the three horizontal dots at the top of the window to start or join a meeting.
- “Start recording” should be selected.
- The recording will begin when a notification appears on everyone’s screen.
- Remember that when you start recording, you’re also starting a live transcription.
To stop the recording, follow these steps:
- By clicking on the three horizontal dots, select “More actions.”
- To completely stop the recording, click “Stop recording.” You can stop the transcription by clicking “Stop transcription,” but you must still click “Stop recording” to stop the recording.
How to Record a Microsoft Teams Meeting on an iPhone
Using a phone for a Microsoft Teams conference is convenient since it provides you more mobility. To follow the debate, you do not need to be seated at a desk with a computer. However, you have the same options as if you were using a PC, including the ability to record the conference.
To record a Microsoft Teams meeting from an iPhone, follow these steps:
- Go to the meeting controls, click More options (three horizontal dots), and then “Start recording” to start recording.
- Everyone in the room will be informed of the start of the recording.
- To pause or end the recording, go to the meeting controls and select More options (three horizontal dots), then “Stop recording.”
- Before being made available for playback, the recording will be processed and saved to Microsoft Stream.
How to Record a Microsoft Teams Meeting On Android
On an Android, recording a Microsoft Teams Meeting is quite simple and similar to recording on an iPhone. Take the following steps:
- From the meeting controls, select More options (three horizontal dots) and then “Start recording.”
- The commencement of the recording will be announced to everyone in the room.
- Select More choices (three horizontal dots) from the meeting controls, then “Stop recording.”
- The recording will be processed and saved to Microsoft Stream before being made available for playback.
As a guest, how do you record a Microsoft Teams meeting?
The only way to record a meeting is to utilise a third-party software because guests do not have access to the built-in recorder. Check with the meeting organiser first to see if recording the meeting as a visitor is permissible.
You can either download or use an online recorder.A popular video recorder is Vidmore Screen Recorder. Microsoft Teams, as well as all other cloud meeting services, are supported. It can capture high-definition sessions without telling other attendees.
The following are the stages for recording a meeting:
- Vidmore Screen Recorder can be downloaded and installed.
- Switch to the meeting recorder in the Microsoft Teams app.
- Select “Custom” and “Region/Window” from the “DISPLAY” menu.
- To set the recording region, open the Microsoft Teams app.
“System Sound” should be turned on.
- To begin recording, select “REC.”
- When you wish to stop a Microsoft Teams meeting recording, use the “Stop” button.
- There will be a preview window appear. If you’re satisfied with the meeting recording, play it again in the built-in media player and select the “Save” option. To modify the recording, utilise the clip tool.
- You may even programme the recording to start and stop on a defined timetable.
You can utilise an online tool if you don’t want to download a programme. Vidmore Free Online Screen Recorder is a web-based version of the previously stated application. The steps for using it to record a Microsoft Teams conference are as follows:
- Go to the Vidmore Free Online Screen Recorder website in your browser.
- To download the launcher, go to “Launch Free Recorder.”
- Adjust the recording area size by selecting the Display icon.
- “System sound” should be turned on.
- To begin recording, click “REC.”
- When the meeting is over, select “Stop.” The video will be downloaded to your computer’s hard drive.
How to Record a Microsoft Teams Meeting Without Being Alerted
Because Microsoft Teams doesn’t identify screen-capture apps like OBS, you can record a meeting without notifying other team members. To do so, take the following steps:
- OBS is available for download and installation.
- Microsoft Teams should now be open.
- Choose the audio source and the window to capture.
- In the Controls menu, select “Start recording.”
- When you’re ready to stop recording, click “Stop recording.”
The recording can be found on your hard drive.
Meetings You’ll Remember.The most significant benefit of online meetings is that you may relive the discussion or class whenever you like; however, be cautious about who you share the meetings with. Some businesses do not want their meetings broadcast to a larger audience, especially if confidential information is spoken.
This also applies to classes, with most schools and colleges restricting or outright preventing students from recording classes.To avoid any potential problems, it’s always a good idea to double-check the organizer’s rules.
Do you have any Microsoft Teams meetings that you record? What approach do you employ? Please share your thoughts in the comments box below.