One of the best features of a set-top streaming device like the Amazon Fire TV Stick is the ability to access Amazon’s vast library of content. You can also view a variety of streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+, as well as web platforms such as YouTube, providing you access to a vast quantity of content to binge whenever you want.
The primary issue here is that unless you purchased the item through Amazon Prime, it will soon be eliminated in favour of newer episodes and movies. Plus, if your internet goes down for whatever reason, you won’t be able to see anything. That’s where screen recording comes in.
External devices can be used to capture what is being displayed on the screen for later offline viewing, ensuring that you can always watch what you want, when you want.
Why Is External Recording the Best Option?
Although there are several programmes and apps that allow you to record directly to your Fire Stick, it’s not a good idea for two reasons. To begin with, the Fire Stick’s hardware isn’t particularly powerful. As a result, recording on it may cause it to run substantially slower, resulting in a less than perfect recording.
Second, the Fire Stick’s storage capacity is restricted at only 8GB, so you’ll rapidly run out of room for your material.That’s why we’ve concentrated on techniques for recording to an external media, such as a USB flash drive, a hard drive, or your computer. That way, you can be certain that you have enough space and resources to record all you wish to record.
Method 1: How to Record IPTV On FireStick TV
This is a simple approach for recording the screen of your Fire TV Stick. While it won’t record to a computer, you can easily capture the screen to a USB stick or an external hard drive, allowing you to plug in and out quickly and carry your video with you wherever you go.
You’ll need the following items to use this method:
- A monitor or a television.
- An external hard drive or a USB stick with a large capacity.
- MYPIN HDMI Game Capture Card – MYPIN Capture Card
The steps to record your screen are as follows:
- Connect your USB stick or hard disc to the capture card’s USB Host port.
- Connect the Fire Stick to the HDMI port.
- Connect the HDMI output of the capture card to the HDMI input of your TV or monitor.
- Press the red REC button on the front of the capture card to start recording.
Method 2: How to Record the Screen of Fire Stick
You can use this method instead if you want more control over what you’re capturing. You’ll be able to record to your computer, which is compatible with both Windows and Mac.
Now take a screenshot of what your Fire Stick is showing on the screen using the included software. However, the setup cost is larger than the first technique.
To utilise this approach, you’ll need the following items:
- It’s a computer (PC or Mac).
- An HDMI-equipped monitor or television.
- SOWTECH HDMI Splitter is an HDMI splitter.
- An Elgato Capture Card
The following are the steps to record your screen using this method:
- Connect your Fire TV Stick to the HDMI splitter’s input port.
- Connect the splitter’s HDMI output connection to the capture card’s HDMI input port.
- Connect your TV or monitor to the HDMI output connection on the capture card.
- Connect the capture card’s Micro USB port to the USB port on your computer.
- Install and run the software that came with the capture card on your computer.
You can now record anything that appears on your Fire TV Stick’s screen using the card’s software. This method isn’t very elegant or inexpensive, but it is the most versatile and allows you greater control over the files you create and the recording process as a whole.
How to Record TV Screen Using Software
Although it isn’t the best choice, here’s a fast rundown of how to use software to record your Fire TV Stick.
- Install Screen Recorder from the App Store on your Fire TV Stick.
- After that, open the application and choose your preferred screen resolution before pressing Start Recorder.
- On your device, a popup should now display, click Start Now to begin recording.
- Navigate your gadget anyway you wish, for as by watching shows online.
- When you’re ready to stop recording, go back into the app and tap Stop Recorder.
- To transfer video, you’ll need to download a file transfer tool. Send files to TV – SFTTV is a simple one to use.
- Install the app on your Fire TV Stick as well as the device to which you wish to transfer video from the app store.
- Now, on your Fire TV Stick, open the app and select Send.
- Then, on a new page, you’ll see all of the recorded films that are available to you. Select the video you want to transmit and click it; the file will begin with sr.
- Select the device you wish to transmit the file to on the following screen.
- Now all you have to do is open the app on your second device and watch the recording.
The Fire TV Stick isn’t meant for screen recording, and as previously said, an external device will yield far superior results.
Even when you’re not connected to the internet, you can watch video on demand. You can always have access to your stuff if you use one of these options, and you can carry it with you to your friend’s house on something as simple as a USB drive.