Have you ever accidentally erased an Instagram direct message and afterwards regretted it? The good news is that these messages can be recovered. Despite the fact that Instagram doesn’t make the steps to achieve this obvious, the process is very simple.
Continue reading if you’re seeking for a solution to recover deleted Instagram messages. We’ll go over a couple quick and simple ways to retrieve your DMs in this article.
Recover Instagram Messages that Have Been Deleted
The Following Ways to Recover Deleted Instagram Messages:
Using Instagram Data
Whether you prefer to keep things tidy and clean up your Instagram inbox on a regular basis, or you mistakenly erased your DMs, you may want to retrieve them at some point. There are a few options for doing this, the first of which is to use Instagram data.
When you erase messages from your iOS or Android device, they are removed from your device but remain on Instagram’s servers. You can download this saved information, which includes videos, images, and messages, using Instagram Data. You can then extract your deleted messages from this data.
Before we begin, it’s necessary to understand that you’ll need to do these steps on Instagram’s website, as the app does not support this. Let’s get this party started:
- To sign in to your Instagram account, open your browser and go to https://www.instagram.com/.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click the “Profile” icon.
- Click the “Edit Profile” button from here.
- From the pop-up menu on the left of the screen, select “Privacy and Security.”
- Locate “Data Download” in the menu by scrolling through it. Select “Request Download” from the drop-down menu beneath this heading.
- Sign in to your Instagram account again and enter your credentials to confirm your identity.
- Please enter your email address here. Instagram will offer you a link to the data files that you requested.
“Next” should be selected.
- Before selecting “Request Download,” re-enter your password. Instagram will immediately email you the information.
- Check your inbox for an Instagram message. The subject line should read “Your Instagram Data.” To download data, click the “Download Data” button in the message. After that, the data will be downloaded as a zip file.
- Open this folder after unzipping it. Locate the “messages.json” file and open it with a text editor (right-click and select “Open With.”).
The folder will contain all of the Instagram messages you’ve sent.
There are a few things to keep in mind when using this strategy. To begin, Instagram may take up to 48 hours to send you an email with your information. Don’t be worried if the email does not appear in your inbox right away.
In addition, the link in the email you received expires four days after you receive it. If you visit the link after four days, it won’t function, and you’ll have to go through the instructions all over again.
Making use of Facebook
Another option is to use Facebook to retrieve your messages. In 2012, Facebook bought Instagram, and as a result, many of the apps on the two platforms are now integrated. When you’re trying to recover deleted Instagram messages, this comes in helpful.
Your Instagram account must, however, be linked to your Facebook account for this strategy to operate. If your accounts are linked, you’ll be prompted whether you want to share your Instagram posts to Facebook every time you do so.
- Also, this solution requires you to use your web browser rather than your iOS or Android device’s apps.
- The following are the steps to get started recovering your messages:
- Log in to your Facebook profile (this must be the account linked to your Instagram profile.)
- Go to your Facebook inbox and open it. This icon is in the shape of a speech bubble with a lightning bolt inside.
The option for “Instagram Direct” will appear in the left pane of the window. (This may also appear as a single icon.) This icon resembles a paper plane.) Select this option.To discover the DM you’re looking for, sort through these messages.
This technique is great for when you need information right away and don’t have the time to wait the 48 hours required by the steps above for Instagram Data.
Keep in mind that you must first link your two social network accounts before attempting this option. If you don’t, you won’t see the “Instagram Direct” option in step 3 and won’t be able to see your DMs.
Making Use of a Third-Party App
Finally, you can use a third-party tool to restore deleted Instagram messages. These apps are available for download from the App Store (for iOS users) or the Google Play Store (for Android users)
These apps retrieve deleted data and messages by accessing the cache files on your iOS or Android smartphone. The software can recover a wide range of files, not simply texts and DMs. These tools are simple to use and include with easy-to-follow instructions that make recovering your erased data quick and painless.
U.Fone is a popular software to use if you have an iPhone. This application can also be used to recover data on your Mac or Windows PC. This tool may help you recover your Instagram DMs as well as a variety of other data such as text messages, images, videos, Whatsapp data, call history, contacts, and audio files.
FoneLab or similar software can be used by Android users. Messages, photographs, videos, music files, contacts, and even Whatsapp data are all easily recoverable with Fonelab. The software is simple to set up and will walk you through the steps necessary to reclaim your data. FoneLab also provides software iOS recovery as well as a variety of additional services including data backup and restore.
While using software like this can be beneficial, it’s always a good idea to do some research on the tools you’ll be using first. Many of the options that are advertised are bogus. These are used by hackers to obtain access to your personal data and social media profiles.